I Was Injured in a Car Accident With a Police Car

June 16, 2017
June 16, 2017

Q: I was injured in a car accident in which a police vehicle was at-fault. Am I entitled to compensation?

A: Potentially yes; however, Nevada’s Waiver of Sovereign Immunity Statute provides that recovery against any governmental entity is limited to $100,000 in damages:

41.035. Limitation on award for damages in tort actions.
1. An award for damages in an action sounding in tort brought under NRS 41.031 or against a present or former officer or employee of the State or any political subdivision, immune contractor or State Legislator arising out of an act or omission within the scope of the person’s public duties or employment may not exceed the sum of $100,000, exclusive of interest computed from the date of judgment, to or for the benefit of any claimant. An award may not include any amount as exemplary or punitive damages.

There are few exceptions in which recovery may exceed $100,000.

View the PDF

Tell your friends!

© Dimopoulos Injury Law. All rights reserved.

Ethics Disclosures: Past results do not guarantee future outcomes. You may have to pay the other side’s attorney’s fees and costs in the event of a loss. Our mission is to provide you with the highest settlement possible in the shortest time possible. We recover more than two million dollars per month on behalf of our clients. Super Bowl is a registered trademark of the National Football League (NFL).  Dimopoulos Law is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the NFL.702-605-7207